I don't have to return to the paycheck job until July 3rd. I've been trying to get this week off since April, but things have been too busy at work. It isn't perfect right now either, but I need my time off.
I got enough response to my request for guest authors to carry Lisa Burton Radio into October without missing a week. This means working on those posts will be part of what I have to do.
I need to work through two critiques this weekend, and have them ready for our meeting on Tuesday.
I could have gotten my first book out by now if I'd have gotten the time off, but I didn't and it's time to do something about it. Those of you who know me will recall that I like to make a list.
Projects for my week off:
- Re-read The Enhanced League and make edits.
- Figure out how to add images to the back of the book and actually make them look good.
- Get the final MS out to the formatter, and pay her.
- Assemble a guest post I agreed to host.
- Work on Lisa Burton Radio stuff as it comes in.
- Finish up a post I've been working on to appear elsewhere.
- Start the word searches on Yak Guy.
- Read Yak Guy and start editing.
- Write blog tour posts for Enhanced League.
Depending on how well I do, I can get to some of these:
- Research and assemble something I'd like to post for July 4th.
- Publish The Enhanced League.
- Put out a request for blog tour hosts.
- Do some deeper research and start writing my time travel short story for an anthology.
On top of that, I intend to hang out with Otto, drink some beer, watch a few baseball games, and I might even play a video game. It's a vacation after all.