My wife is developing a tradition of going to Nevada and watching the Super Bowl with her brother. We both like football, but aren't fanatic about it. She doesn't get to see her family all that often, so I'm a bachelor once again.
The old pitbull needs someone who will give him his medicine, and I trust myself. So here I am, three days off and almost completely alone. Whatever shall I do?
I have a lot of things I want to get done. When it gets like this I make a list. So here it goes:
- Make a list of projects. (It's always good to have something to check off the list.)
- Get through my critiques and make any changes to The Yak Guy Project. (They liked it, by the way.)
- Finish the retro science fiction short story.
- Add words to The Yak Guy Project.
- Recharge the camper battery. (It's been setting there all Winter.)
- Read more of my beta reading project.
- Write a dozen guest posts for The Playground. (Even if I don't use them all yet.)
- Toy with a blurb for The Playground.
- Mess around more with Facebook. Possibly join more groups. Get brave enough to mention that I have books available.
- Update my blog a couple more times.
- If I get lucky, start a new short story.
- Remind myself that I'm doing this for fun. This will involve the return of Sleepy Hollow and the Super Bowl.
There's the list. I hope to get most of it accomplished. I don't have to get it all finished to feel content. Ready, set, go…