I started my day with the weekly call to my parents. I don't care what else is beconning, this is a Sunday must. We spent an hour or thereabouts discussing everything under the sun.
I pre-wrote some blog posts to use when Will O' the Wisp comes out. I still have a bunch of them to write, but I want to be ahead of the game. I also finished my “final” read through. It's good, I'm very happy with it.
I got some comments I never expected via email, and the advice was spot on. I opened the document again and made some small changes.
I still have to make a title page for each version, and add all the links in the back of the book. That might be a project for Wednesday, which I have off. I have a haircut roughed out for Wednesday too, so we'll see how productive I am.
I exchanged email with my cover artist, and she's going to post the Will O' the Wisp cover on her blog first. I think this is only appropriate, since her talents brought it to life. Expect that to happen this week sometime.
I also got some good feedback on my short story, but ran out of time to tend to it.
My blog friends are the best. I've relied upon them to beta read, some asked for ARCs, and one made my cover. I'm enjoying writing and blogging more than ever before. It's the interaction that keeps it fun.
Still in the works:
- Write more blog tour posts for the queue.
- Make the landing and editing data for Will O' the Wisp.
- Publish two versions of Will O' the Wisp. Considering two different days to avoid the main one being held up by Amazon.
- Update the ending data for every other book after Wisp is published to include purchase links.
- Update the blog tour posts to include purchase links.
- Fulfill other terms of my copyright license upon publishing Wisp.
- Hire the blog tour company.
- Participate in the cover reveal for Wisp and blog the crap out of it.
- Add the cover to my sidebar in some kind of coming soon format.
- Touch base with ARC readers. This involves individual emails, because I don't share addresses without permission.
- Anticipate a fight with Amazon, because I'm putting two versions of Wisp out.
- Update my “About Me” page.
- Update my sidebar. Figure out how to show two different purchase links.
- Update my Gravitar data to include Wisp.
- Figure out how to get my new baby on Goodreads. Open for advice here involving two slightly different versions.
It isn't like today was unproductive at all. There's just a lot to do. Some of these projects will take minutes, some will take hours, but they all have to get done. I really want to give Will O' the Wisp a good start. It's a good book and deserves a little more effort on my part.